Do It Yourself Sitz Bath – for after childbirth, hemorrhoids or other external pelvic conditions
(see also Make Your Own Healing Detox Bath)
A great way to heal any external pelvic organs after trauma, is a home made sitz bathHealing Detox Bath Recipe. Read more ... ».
Fill a bath or large-area rectangular or round bucket with 10-15cms of hot water. Enough to get your entire crotch covered in the water. Place a quarter of a cup of salt (preferably himalayan rock saltHealing Sole Himalayan Salt Water . Read more ... » or celtic sea saltHealing Sole Himalayan Salt Water . Read more ... ») to the bucket of water or half a cup of salt if you are using the bath option.
Get some muslin or chux cloth and add any of the other herbsHow To Dry Herbs. Read more ... » listed below, depending upon what you think may assist in your individual condition. Allow the hot water to dissolve the salt by stirring. The salt will be fully disolved when you cannot feel the salt crystals anymore. Give the herbs an agitation to allow the healingHow Apple Cider Vinegar Heals The Body. Read more ... » properties to seep into the water.
Once the herbs have had a few minutes to permeate the water, and once the water isn’t too warm to sit in (it should be comfortable to sit in the temperature of the water), you may immerse your pelvic area in the warm water.
Sit in the water for 15 minutes, as many times a day as you feel beneficial. After childbirthThe Story Of Henry's Homebirth. Read more ... » it is suggested that the mother use the sitz bath twice a day minimum particularly if the mother has any bad bruising or lacerations from childbirth.
* Lavender - antispetic, analgesic and anti-bacterial properties
* Sage - astringent, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
* Rosemary - astringent, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
* Calendula - anti-septic, soothing wound inflammation, general wound healing
* Witch Hazel - an astringent, curbs bleeding and reduces inflammation
* Yarrow - astringent and anti-bacterial properties; the anti-spasmodic effects reduce inflammation. A superior remedy for wounds and cuts.
* Lady’s Mantle - astringent, and helps protect healing elastin fibres
* Chamomile - analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-inflammatory properties
* Shepherd’s Purse - astringent, anti-septic and useful to reduce bleeding and bruising
* Himalayan Pink Salt - helpful in soothing, cleansing and healing of wounds.